- A new survey of more than 3,400 U.S. Facebook users finds that 44 percent of users ages 18 to 29 have deleted the app from their phones in the past year.
- Overall, 26 percent have deleted the app.
- 42 percent have taken a break of several weeks or more.
But what the survey does not measure may be just as significant.
- How many of those who left have switched to Facebook’s Instagram, WhatsApp or Messenger as their preferred communication channel? All of those Facebook-owned alternatives are popular, especially outside the U.S.
- How many who left decided to come back to Facebook after some time off? Facebook makes it a bit difficult to just delete an account Sort of like trying to drop your cable provider or a credit card.
Source: Facebook exodus…